SUBJECT: Group Study Room Reservation and Use Policy
Briggs Library makes available a number of group-study rooms. Larger rooms are intended for use by groups of two or more. Small rooms may be used by individuals.
- A room may be reserved for up to 4 hours per day per person.
- Regular, semester-long, SDSU classes may be scheduled in these rooms Monday through
- Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. SDSU organizations may schedule regular recurring meetings in these rooms Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. through 10:00 p.m.
- Room reservations will be held for 15 minutes.
- A list of locked rooms is available online at http://sdstate.libcal.edu. Each of these rooms has a sign posted on the door directing patrons to check out a key at the Library Services Desk.
- Rooms may be reserved online at http://sdstate.libcal.edu.
- The room key must be returned to the Library Services Desk by the end of the booking. Keys should never be given to another group or individual.
- If a key is not returned to the Library Services Desk when due, the person who checked out the key will be fined according to the overdue fines policy for four-hour reserve materials as stated in the library’s Overdue Materials and Fines Policy.
- Fines for an overdue key will continue to accrue until the key is returned to the Library Services Desk or until the fines reach the maximum fine limit for reserve materials (Overdue Materials and Fines Policy).
- If a group is more than 15 minutes late, their reservation will be canceled and another group may use the room.